Membership in CVC is money and time well invested. The Twin Cities chapter is active and strong, and is recognized as a leader of corporate volunteerism councils. CVC offers a diverse membership roster of companies, excellent programming, and leadership development opportunities.
When you join the Corporate Volunteerism Council–Twin Cities (CVC-TC), you join the ranks of more than 45 companies throughout the Twin Cities that are dedicated to the community and leading the way in corporate volunteerism.
CVC-TC is a dynamic organization that makes positive change a reality. We help strengthen our members’ volunteerism efforts by providing accessible tools and resources to enhance professional development in order to meet the challenges ahead. Through our collaborative programming, we bring nonprofit organizations and corporations together to improve communities.
Key benefits to joining CVC-TC:
- Sponsored learning opportunities on relevant topics in corporate volunteerism: leveraging social media, surviving in a tough economy and green volunteering
- Access to the full CVC-TC web site and membership directory, discussion board and benchmarking tools
- Strong communication with member organizations, including the opportunity for you to submit your news stories to gain visibility for your corporate volunteer program
- Opportunity to receive free consultation to assess your corporate volunteer program’s strengths and opportunities
- Connection to Minneapolis and St. Paul Chambers of Commerce; strong partnership with the Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce, resulting in co-sponsorship of Quality of Life Awards and Minnesota Keystone Program Awards
- Easy access to key corporate volunteerism resource organizations:
- HandsOn Twin Cities (learn about CVC-TC member benefits with HandsOn)
- MAP for Nonprofits (learn about CVC-TC member benefits with MAP)
- Greater Twin Cities United Way (learn about CVC-TC member benefits with United Way)
- Opportunities to share your volunteer news through CVC-TC social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- National recognition for Minneapolis-St. Paul as the top large city for volunteering, according to the Corporation for National and Community Service
Additional benefits include:
- Greater community awareness and recognition of your company’s commitment to volunteerism.
- Personal and professional development through programs and workshops.
- The opportunity to network and share ideas and successful programs with other corporate volunteer program leaders.
- Programs that provide tools and resources to enhance new and well-established volunteer programs.
- Heightened awareness of current community needs.
- A membership directory of your CVC-TC peers.
Join CVC today! Develop the essential capabilities needed to build a successful community relations career and strategically manage your company’s volunteer program.