Attention all story tellers! Yes, that’s you! All of us have the great opportunity to share the stories about the good work our organizations are doing in the community. Stories can be shared internally and externally. Some organizations have communications and PR experts to help tell those stories, others do not. In the era of new media communications channels, community relations professionals have a great opportunity to tell their own stories. Join us to hear from digital PR/communications expert Arik Hanson on ways that companies can be story tellers, including the use of new digital tools and channels. Invite any communications or marketing colleagues at your organization to come along!
Wednesday, June 26
11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Client Service Center
901 3rd Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Attendees will need to provide a photo ID when arriving to Ameriprise.
There is metered street parking available along 9th Ave. S. and there are several nearby parking ramps, including:
Registration: Click here to register online.
CVC Group Service Outing
Summer is finally here! Join us from 9 am – Noon on Tuesday, July 9, for our annual Corporate Volunteerism Council group service outing. For this year’s event we will be packing food at Second Harvest Heartland’s facility in Golden Valley. This is a great opportunity to support the needs of the greater Twin Cities community and get to know your fellow CVC-TC members! Don’t forget to wear your company’s volunteer t-shirt!
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your volunteer shift.
- That will give you plenty of time to register, hang-up coats and secure items such as purses in our individual lockers.
- Our volunteer orientation will promptly start at the beginning of the scheduled shift.
What to Wear:
As a working warehouse please be mindful of the following:
- Dress in comfortable clothing t-shirts or sweatshirts with jeans are fine.
- Shorts are acceptable, as long as they are a style that will not offend anyone.
- You MUST wear closed toe shoes - no sandals! Any volunteers who arrive without closed toe shoes will not be able to volunteer.
In order to assure the food you pack is safe and suitable for our clients, we ask the following:
- Please do not plan on volunteering with us if you are feeling ill. We’ll be glad to have you reschedule when you feel better.
- When you are in our packing areas, you will be asked to remove all jewelry (aside from wedding bands). We thank you for planning accordingly.
Second Harvest Overview:
Second Harvest Heartland works to reinvent hunger relief through leadership and innovation. As the Upper Midwest’s largest hunger relief organization, our goal is not only to help our hungry neighbors today, but to provide the means for everyone to be fed tomorrow. In 2012 alone, we collected and distributed over 70 million pounds of food. Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks across the United States.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
9am to Noon (Sign-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. Coffee and bagels will be provided.)
6325 Sandburg Rd. Suite 1700
Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Parking available in front of our entrance (Suite 1700), northwest corner of building.
- Overflow parking in the back of the building, opposite of truck docks.
- Please do not park in spaces reserved for other building tenants.
- Consider carpooling with other group members.
Registration: Click here to register online
There are no fees associated for this event for members or non-members.
CVC-TC/MCF Survey Results
In April, CVC-TC teamed up with Minnesota Council on Foundations (MCF) to develop a benchmarking survey on Employee Volunteerism and Giving. The survey benchmarked work in the following areas:
- Employee volunteerism
- Employee giving campaigns
- Employee matching programs
We asked CVC-TC member companies to complete the survey, and MCF asked members of their Senior Community Affairs Professionals (SCAP) group to complete it as well.
28 companies responded to the benchmarking survey, the results of which can be found here.
Thank you for your participation, and we hope you find the results helpful and useful!
Connect with us on !
CVC-TC Member Spotlight
Read about a different CVC-TC member each quarter.
Click here to see this quarter's featured member.
Volunteer Management Programs and Training
If you have a global volunteer program please consider attending a meeting at Cargill, Friday, May 31, 11:00 am, to learn about the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE) and its Global Corporate Volunteer Council (GCVC). Sarah Hayes, Consultant Director of the GCVC, will be visiting the Twin Cities and will share current and future activities of IAVE and the GCVC, and discuss how this may relate to your international programs and the “journey you are on” to celebrate your successes, face your challenges and continuously improve and make your efforts even more effective around the world. Click Here for More Information.
- Conference on Volunteer Administration
Presented by the Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration.
May 8-10, 2013
For more information visit MAVANetwork.org/conference or call 651-255-0469.
- Volunteer Impact Leadership Training Series
Presented by the Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration and Hands-on Twin Cities
July 23 and 25, 8:30-4:30pm
Presented by the Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration and CLOVE-Mankato
June 26 and 27, 8:30-4:30
For more information, visit MAVANetwork.org/VRL or call 651-255-0469.